Thanks to everyone who completed the Alumni Attitudes Survey in March. The Pitt Alumni Association (PAA) improved in key areas since our last survey in 2020, and we’re already addressing areas of opportunity.
The 2023 survey results show blue and gold pride is strong! Pitt alumni feel a deep connection to their alma mater, value the power of their degrees and their alumni experience and love to promote Pitt to others. This all adds up to a solid foundation for further alumni engagement. More survey results will be posted to alumni.pitt.edu.
Vice Chancellor, Alumni Relations
Alumni Want to Know About . . .
- The accomplishments of students, alumni and the University as a whole
- Campus updates, college rankings, research accomplishments and University priorities
Generational Differences . . .
- Alumni who graduated 20 or more years ago credit their Pitt degree with professional growth, enjoy reading Pitt Magazine, value Pitt traditions and closely follow the success of Pitt’s athletic teams
- More recent graduates especially value a diverse and inclusive environment, community and social engagement and availability of student scholarships
- Identifying job opportunities for alums
- Creating aﬃnity groups based on professions or industries
- Oﬀering additional networking, lifelong learning and student mentoring opportunities
This story was published on Sept. 1, 2023. It is part of Pitt Magazine's fall 2023 issue.